Good Days and Bad days right?



   I am thankfully on the end of being sick hopefully. I also was trying to be more creative with recipes this week. I made a cauliflower fried rice bowl. I used cauliflower rice obviously, pineapple, broccoli, and fresh pees. I used sesame oil and just a touch of soy sauce.  Came out amazing but Dillon wasn't as much of a fan haha.

Work has been especially hard this week so its been a struggle to maintain a good diet. Well and the will to keep my diet going. Just need to keep holding your head about water right? People can have such crappy attitudes and people who you thought were your friends can turn their back on you in an instant. Probably why building a strong support network is so incredibly important when going on a weight loss journey. They help keep you on track, hold you accountable, and help you with your struggles.

I also have been rewatching all the Star Trek Series. I grew up on them and once a year I rewatch all of them and its around that time again. I am on Deep Space 9 right now and I am on the last season. STILL to this day makes me cry when characters that have become so important and I have grown to love die in the show. Everyone needs a good cry every now and then right?

Comments

  1. I JUST bought some cauliflower fried rice from the frozen section of the grocery store last weekend. It seems to be all the rage right now. Does it taste anything remotely close to rice? Or does it taste straight up like cauliflower? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really depends on how you cook it. You have to season it other wise it does taste like cauliflower. I do also use cauliflower to make "mashed potatoes" and if you season it rights its pretty comparable.

      Delete
  2. Yes, the struggle is real and friends can turn their backs on you in a moment, but know that what you are doing for yourself and sharing with others brings a whole new world of friends. I'm glad I found you! I know the struggle way too well. You are inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Its alway reassuring to know that people have been where you have and come out on top!

      Delete
  3. Yes the struggle is real. I aim for 1 cheat day a week. You got I want that recipe. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really terrible with remembering to make a recipe when I create something new. I places some sesame oil and soy sauce in the pan with the cauliflower rice, freshly shelled peas, garlic, and broccoli. After a few minutes cooking I added in the pineapple so it didn't get to broken down during cooking. I cooked them long enough for the cauliflower rice to be the right firmness. (This really depends on how you like you rice cooked. If you cook it to much it could be mushy just like when you cook rice to much with water) this allowed the other veggies to still have a little crunch. You can add more soy sauce as you go...this is more to your taste. I didn't season it any other way as soy sauce has a lot of sodium and flavor.

      Delete
  4. I love cauliflower! I make cauliflower rice, cauliflower patties, and cauliflower mashed "potatoes". I have yet to try cauliflower pizza crust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive struggle to get the right consistency for pizza crust :( . When you try it let me know how it goes!

      Delete
  5. I have made cauliflower "fried rice" and it is excellent. Good for you! Stick to your goals! I'm a triathlete and am struggling right now coming off of being pretty dormant over the winter and getting back in the groove. The answer for me is to sign up for races, that gives me back my motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to try this sometime, but my husband isn't a fan of veggies. Maybe he wouldn't even notice if I made this. I'll say it's rice. haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts